finding myself.

I've always wanted to travel.

I said this to myself 12 years ago, while looking at the window. And there's a trail of white cloud from a probably foreign space rocket, along with a small airplane which usually passed by small district called Muar. The sky was azure blue, the sun shine warmly. And there was me, a 16 year old girl who were filled with hope and ambition, and whispered to myself, "we can get out from here, one fine day, we will," and I continued lying down on the cold marble floor, gazing the blue sky. Dreaming of future. Little did i know, I would be going to India for 2 and half year, two years later. 


Then, there was me, an 18 year old girl, with suitcase of almost all things I own in this world, while sent by my late father, my sister at the bus station. And my teary eyes when I waved goodbye to my late father as the bus started moving on its course to Shah Alam, where I spend the next 2 years studying and taking A Level prior going to India. It was unexpected journey, where my family put high hopes on me to get a scroll of medical degree.



Fast forward, there I am. In the lavish hostel room at Manipal, Karnataka India. Unpacking my things while crying and feeling scared. Unsure what awaits me in the land of Bollywood. I wish I could tell the 20 year old me, I will get through all this, to enjoy my time in India to the fullest before coming back to Melaka. But Allah's plan is greater. Going to India is a life changing experience for me. I got to travel via train in India. Taking domestic flights to and fro. Treated like a rich girl in flights, simply ordering anything I like as the in-flight food is not as expensive as in international flights. And most of all, wearing all expensive clothes I've ever dream of getting, trench coat, a pair of woodland sneakers, favourite blouse that I bought for travel. Feeling able to buy anything I want, is the best feeling in the world. My 16 year old me will never think of this kind adventure awaits her, should she let her failed puppy love screw her SPM. I could still remember my online shopping spree. Mykart/Flykart is the online famous shopping website during that time. And the currency exchange rate of MYR and INR was low, awakened my passion in collecting sneakers. I was thankful for all of the experience given by Allah. He gave all that to me. He gave more than I asked. And more importantly, the journey to finding Him while I was there, it made me who I am today. Although I'm still lost in a way, but I'm glad I had some guidance back there. 

And I hope to find it back. I want to be whole again. Not feeling empty like this. I need to do some soul searching again. Ya Allah, help me find myself, and love myself before I'm returning back to you for good. For I always love You. Even when my heart is empty. Please accept all of my good deeds and grant me jannah as my final resting place. Amin.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rants about jodoh.

Overthink. Thinking too much?

In Your Likeness.